Saturday, November 3, 2012

DIY Crafting:: Lilly Frames

Who does't like Lilly Pulitzer and who doesn't like spending less??  Combine those two and we have a winner!  During this event called "Twin Week," we were to craft or buy different items for our twin.  I decided to craft since I think it is so much more meaningful and fun!  The first day was a picture frame and I wanted my frame to stand out then some ribbon or letters, so I decided to replicate the Lilly Pulitzer print! It was SO EASY and yall can do this at home!
What you will need::
You can always choose different colors but I wanted to recreate this print::

Paintbrush ( I used to, a thinner one and a regular sized one)
Light Pink paint
Dark Pink paint
Navy Blue paint
White Paint
Green Paint
and a cloth or something to work on


First, go ahead and paint your whole frame with a blue base and let dry.


 Now add some random pink flowers that sorta look like the print.  I added the word twin to make it more suiting for the event!


You can now add some greenery and light pink  flowery shapes.


Use white paint and a small paint brush to start roughly outlining the shapes.


And Voila!! Add a picture and you are now ready to gift this cute frame or keep it for yourself!  You can know even boldly try out some other prints! Good Luck and have fun this weekend!
ps, don't forget to =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment