MINI APPLE PIES AND VEGGIE POT PIES, SAY WHAT?!
((Sorry it took a few days extra to post this post! All my pictures were on my phone which happened to break this weekend, but all better now!))
What you will need::
4 tablespoons of flour
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1-2 boxes of Pillsbury pie crust
1-2 muffin trays--1 tray will make 12 mini pies
Time:: Around 10-15 mins prep and 25 mins to cook
- First start off by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and taking our your pie crust to thaw out a little.
- Now you can start peeling and dicing your apples.
- Combine the diced apples with the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix it very well and then taste it. I made the silly mistake of putting 2 TABLESPOONS of cinnamon instead of 2 TEASPOONS.. whoops! So when I tasted it and it had a strong cinnamon flavor to it. If something like this happens to you, then just simply peel and dice up another apple and mix it in the bowl. Once everything tastes up to how you like, you can then move on to the pie crust!
- Unroll your first pie crust.
- You want to get small even circles for your pie molds. I just used a small bowl and it worked perfectly. Continue to do this until there is no more mold left but the leftovers. You can roll it back out like I have done below and make at least 3-4 more pies.
- Take the circle pie molds and slowly pressed down on the middle of it and into the tray. Pinch the edges together so it becomes a nice and neat muffin shape and not spilling over too much.
- Then take a spoon and start filling these bad boys up! I filled it to the top of the pie molds.
- I ended up running out of apple pie mix and had a few extra pie molds left. I found that sautéing veggies a little and putting it in the pie molds turns out for a great dinner item alon with your apple pie for dessert!
- Top of the pies with a small layer of pie crust mold just barely enough to cover each pie.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes and voila! Get some salad for your veggie pot pie and some ice cream for the apple pie and enjoy!! They're amazing little bite size wonders!