Tuesday, August 14, 2012

OOTD:: HOW TO-- Mixed Prints

Floral and Polka Dots

So I was at a flea market the other day trying to find some vintage things to put in my apartment when I came across this huge frame.  Because of my countless hours on Pinterest, ideas came rushing through my head about what to do with this frame. Since I'm still not yet home, I obviously couldn't do much with it so I put it aside only to realize it is great for photo booth  pictures! If you ever want to try something fun and creative with your pictures, simply get an empty frame and snap away! =)
Onto the outfit of the day, mixing prints can be one of two things:: dangerous or playful. 
I mixed floral and polka dots to give a fun and flirty statement.  The flowy skirt helped bring in its playfulness while floral is always a classy, timeless look.

 Heres some dos and don'ts of mixing prints::
DO::
  • when in doubt, choose a neutral base 
  • mix loose and fitted prints
  • pick colors in complementary fmailies
  • use same prints in different scales
  • mix neons with prints
DON'T::
  • be sloppy with fitting 
  • pile on too many trends at once
  • mix animal prints in same colors
  • add too much accessories to your style when already having a lot go on by mixing prints
  • fear clashing
Here's how celebrities mix prints::





How daring are you today?
ps, don't forget to =) !

0 comments:

Post a Comment