Sunday, November 18, 2012

Crafting:: Nameboard

I found this idea of Pinterest and decided to do one of my own!  It was easy, cheap and so cute!

What you will need::
cork board (to the size you want it to be)
assorted colors of embroidery floss (i used ROY G BIV)
nails or push pins (i used around 200)


You can use a template from online and print it out and trace it as a reference, but I am pretty good with letters so I just free-handed it.  I found if you are doing a word instead of one letter, then a cursive font works alot better and smoothly.  I decided to use my last name Tiwari.

After you traced an outline of the font you want, place nails/pushpins outlining the letters.
I thought this part looked cool itself!


Now the fun part---STRINGING!  I did the rainbow effect but you could do an ombre, one color, your favorite team's color, or whatever as well.

Here is the key:: you want to tie a small knot to the pushpin/nail each time you use a new string or end it.  It doesn't matter where you start or end.  Now you can begin!   Just basically start weaving back and forth, up and down, whichever way you want!  The best part is that you CAN'T go wrong!  Just let it flow, don't think too much about it.  I actually found that overlapping alot looked better.

I kept moving through the color spectrum as i worked into the word.  Overlap here to blend the colors!


  



And voila! simple as that! I decided to color in some in black to help show the letters more easily and created a boarder.

  You know have a new wall decor that was made by you, simple, and cheap!  Try out other colors and fonts and see which way you like it better!
ps, don't forget to =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment