How to make your own Taco Seasoning Mix
Why make your own taco seasoning mix you may ask? I personally think adding a few more minutes of your time to create something of your own, especially since you can see what goes into it, always means more and is always that much better. My fail proof black beans recipe and also black bean burger recipe requires for a taco seasoning mixed into the beans. Taco seasoning is a blend of different seasonings certain to turn ordinary food into a fiesta of flavor. Perfect for anything Mexican or even for a nice flavorful taste!
What you will need::
- 1 and 3/4 cups, 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup, 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 cup, 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup, 2 tablespoons sea salt(or regular salt)
- 1/2 cup, 2 tablespoons black pepper
Get a large bowl and mix these ingredients really well.
It really is as simple as that. This will make for a large mix of taco seasoning and can be stored for months in our pantry until needed!
Try it out with the recipes linked above! How do you like it over store bought seasoning?
Check back tomorrow for some fall favorites!
ps, don't forget to =)