Thursday, October 24, 2013

OOTD:: Business Formal Part 1:: Polka Dots

Polka Dots and Blazers

Hey y'all! Hope your week has been great so far! It's almost TGIF! Are you guys as excited as I am??! 
Well, earlier this week on my trip back up from Georgia, I stopped in Highpoint, NC to visit my Dad and brothers for the International Home Furnishing Center (IHFC) where my Dad had a show market representing this rugs line at Chandra Rugs. There's a couple of these show markets that go on yearly in Las Vegas, Atlanta, Tupelo, New York, and of course, High Point. I like to go and check out how my Dad and brother designed their showrooms each year and for family support as well. Plus, there's a lot of shopping and fun things going on as well!
There is no specific dress code; people come in T-shirts, sweats, suits, dresses, boots, flats, heels, you name it.  I like to dress business formal when I go because I am usually representing my Dad when I'm there, plus you all know I just love dressing up! :)
My outfit of the day consists of playful polka dots turned business. Who says you have to wear a boring suit to work? I found this pink polka dotted blazer at a local thrift shop and paired with a simple white blouse and these cute polka dotted trousers from Forever 21.  I love these trousers! They are the perfect mix between formal and casual! Usually you are on your feet all day and walking around a lot, so I opted for some nude flats to finish the ensemble.  Up north it is definitely a lot colder than back in Georgia, so the blazer, along with a peacoat, helped a lot, but what I love about layering is that you can easily take off the blazer and wear your blouse and look just as great. Check out some of my looks around my Dad's showroom below!
Entrance to Chandra Rugs



Chandra Rug's Bar Area

I absolutely love this chalk wall behind me, with the question, "What is Modern?" where customers are free to come up and write what they feel is modern.

Close-up details

The face behind Chandra Rugs, and my lovely parents :)

Be sure to check back in a few days for Part 2 of the OOTD! And there won't be a Friday Favorites this week due to insanity of a weekend!
Also, if you are interested in my Dad's AMAZING, well-priced rugs, go to 
ps, don't forget to =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment